Job: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (Tunisia)
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Center for Human Rights Defenders Association (CHRDA) Is an independent non-governmental organization registered and founded in France in 2016. CHRDA aims to promote the rights of Human Rights Defenders and vulnerable populations, analyze the difficulties facing the application of International Human Rights Law and disseminating Human Rights Culture in the MENA Region, and engage in a dialogue between cultures. A crucial part of CHRDA’s mandate is to help shape the understanding of the most pressing human rights defenders’ concerns within the region and then coordinate and mobilize the key players and NGOs from across the Arab world to work together. CHRDA is a member of the Platform (Coalition of 13 Libyan organizations).
Furthermore, CHRDA is a Libyan HRD’s network, supporting, empowering, and protecting Libyan HRDs inside and outside Libya. CHRDA emerged from the need to find a space for Jurists outside their country, especially with the outbreak of armed conflict in several cities in Libya and targeting defenders and activists; attacks and abuses sometimes reached the limit of assassinations.
The Evaluation and monitoring coordinator will focus on strengthening CHRDA’s learning culture by supporting the design, implementation, and management of evaluation processes that advance CHRDA’s strategy. The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will be responsible for collecting, compiling, checking, sorting, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data about on-going project activities and organizing data into reports, and assisting the Projects Coordinators in delivering quality results outputs.
Under the direct supervision of Program Manager
Provides reports to Senior Reporting Officer
- Develop and implement M&E systems for CHRDA programs, identifying obstacles to implementation and recommending appropriate solutions,
- Develop monitoring tools, methods, reporting formats, and processes for data collection,
- Assist the Programs Development Senior Officer in preparing the M&E frameworks for the new projects.
- Develop relevant evaluation tools and indicators that help foster a culture of continuous learning and advance CHRDA’s practices and results,
- Coordinate with staff and partners regularly to collect information on implemented actions and achievements,
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative field monitoring and verification of project implementation;
- Write reports and analyze findings as required for project planning and performance management,
- Undertake field-monitoring missions to assess the progress of the project implementation using CHRDA’ standard monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies;
- Work closely with the CHRDA team to ensure projects success by documenting relevant success stories;
- Other related duties as assigned by the Programs Manager.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
A successful applicant will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- A university degree in a relevant field of study related to human rights or management,
- Three years of technical expertise in evaluation, preferably in human rights work,
- Strong facilitation and storytelling skills for evaluation-related meetings, dialogues, and capacity building sessions,
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, high level of emotional intelligence as well as a demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire teams,
- Strong sense of adventure, creativity, curiosity, and possibility in pushing forward boundaries in institutions and methodologies in monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of socio-political developments in Libya.
- Strong commitment to the principles and practice of human rights.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Be able to work on tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, work independently and in a self-reliant manner, and work within a multicultural team.
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We are looking for candidates that are passionate about human rights, who are determined to make an impact on people’s lives around the world. Joining CHRDA means being a part of a dedicated and diverse team committed to the protection and preservation of international human rights.
CONTRACT AND SALARY
1-year contract subjected to a 3-month probation period. Renewal subject to funding.
How to apply
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit a motivation letter (not more than one page) that addresses the specific skills and experience that CHRDA requires for Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator and CV; to email@example.com with “Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator” in the subject of your email.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so apply as soon as you received the job announcement.
The job announcement will be closed on 21 Dec 2020 applications after this date will not be reviewed.
We look forward to learning more about you.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!