Department: CRV project coordinator.
STARTING DATE : As soon as posible
Center for Human Right Defenders Association (CHRDA) Is an independent regional non-governmental organisation. CHRDA aims at promoting rights of Human rights Defenders and vulnerable population, analysing the difficulties facing the application of International Human Rights Law and disseminating Human Rights Culture in the Arab Region as well as engaging in a dialogue between cultures. A crucial part of CHRDA’ mandate is to help shape the understanding of the most pressing human rights defenders concerns within the region and then to coordinate and mobilise the key players and NGOs from across the Arab world to work together towards solutions.
Furthermore, CHRDA is an HRD’s network; working on supporting, empowering and protecting HRDs. CHRDA emerged from the need to find a space for Jurists outside their country, especially with the outbreak of armed conflict targeting defenders and activists; attacks and abuses sometimes reached the limit of assassinations.
DEPARTMENT OR Project PURPOSE
Immediate and Direct Assistance for Conflict-Related Victims (CRV) project aims to provide prompt, direct and professional assistance. In particular, psychological rehabilitation and legal aid services to selected cases victims of conflict-related violations (CRV).
As part of a sustainable, comprehensive assistance mechanism to survivors of torture, the project contributes to empowering a pool of psychologists, lawyers and social workers within to provide better support to survivors.
CRV Project Coordinator is responsible for a daily basis for the project implementation related to mapping cases, organising training workshops, healing group sessions, organising meetings related to project objectives and conception with an international expert. CRV Project Coordinator will follow-up the daily coordination with implementing parties and will be the focal point with local parties.
Under the direct supervision of CEO
Provides reports to Senior Reporting Officer
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately.
- Act as the main contact person for participants, trainers and project partners.
- Create a project management action plan for fulfilling each goal and objective and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Provide the administrative officer before each training and meeting – at least three weeks advance- with the participants’ details for the logistics preparation (flight tickets- hotel reservations…etc.)
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Maintain a database of participants, trainers and relevant consultants.
- Support project monitoring and evaluation as needed.
- Collect cases file from local partners and update the database in cooperation with project partners.
- Assist in designing assessment form for the cases.
- Provide a needs assessment form for each case.
- Organise meetings of the technical committee composed of the project partners
Healing group sessions:
- Assist in selecting facilitators from partners working effectively on torture to implement six healing group sessions.
- Organise strategic preparatory meeting to implement healing group sessions for victims.
- Follow up with the facilitators after every healing group session to deliver a narrative report on the session to CHRDA.
- Follow up with the selecting lawyers who provide Legal aid service to victims and submit cases files.
- Commit to using secure practice and communication ways to maximise the security of victims.
Organise Capacity Building pieces of training and coordination meetings for:
- Developing and sending a call for participation, agenda..etc.
- Assist the program manager in selecting the group of professionals within the selection criteria of the project.
- Set the agenda for each capacity-building workshop and coordination meetings with the program manager and consultants.
- Prepare all training materials and supplies, and ensure venue and equipment are prepared, in coordination with relevant trainers, and the CHRDA Administrative team.
- Follow-up on registration and attendance.
- Submit evaluation form and workshop report for each training and coordination meetings in cooperation with the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator.
Coordination between Partners:
- Facilitate communication between project partners.
- Ensure that partners adhere to the signed MOUs.
- Responsible for gathering reports and regular follow up with the project partners.
- Organise and document the follow-up meetings every six months.
- Communicate and follow up with partners and make sure of the activity’s implementation adhere to project objectives.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
A successful applicant will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- A university degree in a relevant field of study related to human rights and management.
- Three to five years of progressive experience working on issues related to project management with non-profit organisations.
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of socio-political developments in Libya.
- Strong commitment to the principles and practice of human rights.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Be able to work on tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and in a confident manner, and to work within a multicultural team.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We are looking for candidates that are passionate about human rights, who are determined to make an impact on people’s lives around the world. Joining CHRDA means being a part of a dedicated and diverse team committed to the protection and preservation of international human rights.
CONTRACT AND SALARY
1-year contract subjected to a 3-month probation period. Renewal subject to funding.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit a motivation letter (not more than one page) that addresses the specific skills and experience that CHRDA requires for CRV Project Coordinator and CV; to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CRV project coordinator” in the subject of your email.
- Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply as soon as you received the job announcement.
- The job announcement will be closed on 25 Jan 2020 applications after this date will not be reviewed.
We look forward to learning more about you.